Versions is available on Advanced and Enterprise plans
Rollbar allows you to see which versions of your code are throwing exceptions. This is particularly helpful if you are continuously deploying your apps/services because you can see if recent occurrences are coming from the latest deployed version. With the information provided by Rollbar Versions, you can determine whether to proceed with a full deployment after a canary deploy, or if you should roll back to a previous stable version.
By clicking through to view the details of a version, you can see exactly which items were introduced, reactivated, or resolved in each version, as well as a list of the commits that were merged since since the previously deployed version.
In order to fully utilize Versions, you should do the following:
- Make sure that your Rollbar item occurrences include the
code_versionproperty. This is typically a Git SHA for web apps, but you may choose to use a semantic version, datestamp, or other unique indicator. See the documentation for your Rollbar SDK or the Rollbar API docs if you are calling the Rollbar REST API directly.
- Report each deploy of your apps/services, including the same values for
revisionas in your item occurrences. (NOTE:
revisionrepresent the same thing.). See our Deploy Tracking docs for more details.
- To view the list of commits that were introduced in each new version, set up Source Control Integration with your project's Git repositories.
Rollbar can notify you of newly detected versions via email or Slack.
- Go to Settings → Notifications → Email
- In the Add Rule section, choose New Version → Send Email
- Go to Settings → Notifications → Slack, select either Email
- In the Add Rule section, choose New Version → Post Message
Updated 9 months ago