Rollbar users can syndicate exceptions, errors, and code deployments as 'Events' in Datadog.
Configuration is per project in Rollbar.
- In Datadog, go to Integrations → Integrations and search for
Rollbar. Pick the Rollbar by Datadog Integration.
- Alternatively, you can use the corresponding link to navigate to the Rollbar integration on your Datadog site directly: US1, US3, US5, EU1, US1-FED, AP1.
- Click Install.
- Click Install Integration on the next screen.
- Choose or Create a New API key. You'll need it in the next step.
- In Rollbar, navigate to Settings
- Choose Projects in the Setup section.
- Click the + button to add a new integration to your project.
- Choose Datadog from the list.
- Pick the site of your Datadog account.
- Paste your Datadog API key.
- Click Enable Datadog Integration
- In Rollbar, click the Send Test Notification button.
- In Datadog, open the Events Explorer and check if the test Event arrived:
Congrats! Datadog is now integrated with Rollbar. Once integrated, the default notification 'Rules' will be activated and sent to your Datadog account.
The Datadog event created by each notification rule can be customized using notification variables and filters. Additionally, you may specify a different API key for each notification rule if you wish to send the events to a different Datadog account.
When creating an event in Datadog from Rollbar, you can explicitly set the priority (
normal) or allow Rollbar to automatically determine the priority. Here's how priority is automatically determined:
|Rollbar Notification Rule||Datadog Priority|
When creating an event in Datadog from Rollbar, you can explicitly set the type (
success) or allow Rollbar to automatically determine the type. Here's how type is automatically determined:
|Rollbar Notification Rule||Datadog Event Type|
|Everything else||determined by Rollbar item level|
Rollbar item levels are mapped to Datadog event types as follows:
|Rollbar Item Level||Datadog Event Type|
Updated about 2 months ago