For general information about Rollbar's issue tracking features, check out the Issue Tracking guide.
In order to connect Rollbar to Jira, you must configure an Application Link between Rollbar and Jira.
- Go to Settings → Products → Application Links, enter the URL
https://rollbar.comand click Create New Link
- You may see "No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid. Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue." This is nothing to worry about. You can just click Continue and it will work.
- In the form that appears, enter the following values:
- Application Name:
- Application Type:
- Service Provider Name:
- Consumer Key:
- Shared Secret:
- Request Token URL:
- Access Token URL:
- Authorize URL:
- Create incoming link:
- Click Continue and then enter the following values in the next screen:
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQC+unu+VFdOomVs4Rzn0YKNHgOj CM7n3PvFjE+pY9dMZYySHsE75ouzScb3Vt1FrqaDRk+mqTCSIxqTGRM9fjpXaXc4 k+KQ57f8/pNsRFvbjz7ev4sD4LyEQ+nCOFCa9Lc03zc6J/Jj1+nDqPzwznzil1by eLRyTwg7TERcqDGg+wIDAQAB -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
- Click Continue. Jira should finish configuring the application link then display the message:
Application Link 'Rollbar' created successfully.
- Go to Settings → Notifications → Jira.
- If no users in the project have configured a Jira credential, then you will need to enter the URL of your Jira server to set up a default credential for the project. Otherwise, you can select from the available credentials in the project.
- If you wish to set up an additional Jira credential for use as the project default, then go to User Settings → Connected Accounts → Jira to complete the configuration.
- Select a
Issue Typefor the linked issues created for the Rollbar Project
- By default, each Rollbar user must have a credential configured in order to use the Create Issue button in the item view. If you would like for project members to be able to use the default project credential rather than entering their own, then check
Use default credentials if user has not connected to Jira.
- Click Send Test Notification to verify that issues can be created in your Jira project.
- Click Enable to turn on the integration.
NOTE: You must follow the steps below in "Rollbar for Jira" for the status changes to flow in both directions - without Rollbar for Jira, status changes will flow from Rollbar to Jira but not in reverse.
NOTE: This feature is only available in Jira Cloud, not in self-hosted Jira versions
By adding the Rollbar for Jira add-on to your Jira Cloud instance, you can view Rollbar error data in the corresponding Jira issues.
The data appears in the right column in a section entitled 'Rollbar Linked Items' and includes:
- Occurrences and deployments in the past 24 hours
- Error status
- Number of total occurrences
- Number of unique IPs affected
- Datetime first seen
- Datetime last seen
To install the Rollbar for Jira add-on within your Jira account:
- Go to Jira Administration → Add-ons
- Enter "Rollbar" in the search field
- Click on "Install" on the Rollbar for Jira add-on
To install Rollbar for JIRA from the Atlassian Marketplace:
- Go to https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.rollbar.jira/cloud/overview
- Click 'Get it Now'
If you've already set up your Rollbar account to create issues in Jira per the instructions above,
you will automatically start seeing Rollbar Linked Item data in your linked Jira issues.
Updated 4 months ago